Did you grow up eating Classic No Bake Cookies? Well I didn’t, but apparently everyone else in the world did. My husband introduced them to me; He had them often growing up and has such nice memories of making them with his cousins.
Classic No Bake Cookies are traditionally a blend of sugar, butter, cocoa powder, milk, peanut butter, and oats. You cook it all in a saucepan and add the oats, then scoop them onto trays and let them set up at room temp.
We updated them by making two flavors: white and dark chocolate, and by using real chopped chocolate, not cocoa powder, a mix of brown and white sugar, real, natural peanut butter, and of course, I added a sprinkle of flaked sea salt to balance out all that sweet.
They are so, so good. More like a candy than a cookie. The white chocolate ones remind me of pralines and I’m thinking I’ll have to add toasted pecans next time.
This post is super short and very sweet! I just really wanted to get it posted in case the rest of you are experiencing hot, HOT weather, no rain, and are refusing to turn the oven on like me. I’ll update it with some process shots eventually, but it really is just so simple! I hope you’ll give these a try!
Stay cool, friends!Print
Sweet and chewy and no oven required. Give these Classic No-Bake Cookies a try!
- 1 stick butter (4 ounces)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped white or dark chocolate (or use chips/chunks)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- Add butter, sugars, chocolate, and milk to saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until combined.
- Next, add vanilla, salt, and oats and mix thoroughly.
- Drop by tablespoons onto parchment or wax paper, sprinkle with sea salt (optional), and let cool to room temperature.
- store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, refrigerated they will last longer.
Use creamy or chunky peanut butter for this
I always use salted butter, but unsalted will work just fine here.
Keywords: classic no bake cookies, no bake cookies, no bake cookie recipe