An easy, no-churn ice cream base flavored with toasty browned butter and chopped, toasted pecans. The BEST butter pecan ice cream recipe you’ll ever make!
- 8 ounces (one block) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup room temperature brown butter
- 14 ounces (one can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups heavy cream – very cold
- 1 cup chopped pecans that have been toasted and cooled
- Place 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan and melt over medium heat
- Allow butter to melt and foam.
- Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until butter turns a dark amber color. You will have to push the foam aside in order to see the color of the butter underneath.
- Once browned, remove from heat and pour into a heat proof measuring cup. You might need to add a couple tablespoons of soft butter to make up for evaporation during the browning process and ensure you have 1/2 cup.
- Allow to cool to room temperature
- Place one tablespoon of butter in a small sauté pan over medium heat. (I just steal a little of the browned butter for this)
- Once melted, add 1 cup chopped pecans and toast, stirring almost constantly, for about 5 minutes until they smell very toasty and nutty.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
For the ice cream:
- Place softened cream cheese, browned butter, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla in stand mixer and mix on medium high speed with whisk attachment until light and fluffy and no cream cheese chunks remain. You’ll want to stop and scrape the sides and bottom a couple times to make sure it is all mixed.
- Once the mixture is fluffy and totally combined, Scrape sides and bottom of bowl once more and add cold cream. Continue whipping until the mixture is very light and fluffy – much like whipped cream. This should take 2-3 minutes. Don’t be afraid to really let the mixer rip here – you want to incorporate plenty of air.
- Once mixture is very light and very fluffy, remove whisk attachment and gently fold in cooled, chopped pecans.
- Transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and place in freezer.
- Chill until firm and enjoy!
I freeze this in an 8×8 baking dish. Just make sure whatever you choose has about a 2 quart capacity
Keywords: butter pecan ice cream recipe, no churn ice cream, no churn butter pecan ice cream